Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why Photography?

I've been talking to a few people lately about what photography means in our world, what ART means in our world.

I know a lot of people may say art is "useless". I could be doing things like becoming a doctor, or an engineer, or all sorts of useful things. However, when I really start to think about it...

what's the purpose of life? Is it to do mundane and necessary things all the time because they are "useful"?

No, I don't think so. I'm not here to talk about what our purpose is specifically, but I do know that going to movies, enjoying an ice cream cone, watching the sunset, having a fun outing with a friend... those aren't useless things.

Art is maybe meant for us to enjoy living. For us to think about the world we are in. For us to appreciate the beauty on this earth, to create something, to love being alive. I think that is a good enough purpose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment